5.27.2006

here goes nothing...

Starting with a blank page is the hardest thing to do...the beginning of a very long journey. Hope I look back at this and say, what were you so worried about Darcie? See, that wasn't so bad!
The proposal passed, why don't I feel relieved or happy? After seeing the other thesis students working away today in studio, the thought of doing this alone in New York doesn't appeal to me right now. I hope my plan of throwing myself 100% into Columbia courses this summer will work - either I'll get totally off track or I'll create a valuable body of work and learn a lot too. No one said this would be simple! Please please let it all work out in the end...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all ideas start from nothing. And evolution of your thesis is a natural process. You are brilliant enough to take this to what I know will be your own great achievement. tho you have NEVER been happy with anything you have ever done, no matter how genius it has been. Be confident in your own self, Darcie. Let it flow. Mom.

6/11/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Darcie said...

Aw thanks ma. I'll try to do you proud.

6/24/2006 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Project shadowspace

An exploration of urban voids, in-between space, and the intangible realm that lies at their periphery. Is it possible to generate form from the insubstantial?

Darcie Watson
Student

Living in New York City, getting my degree from the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

It's a really long story.

Contact darcie watson

darcie.watson@gmail.com